i have officially been living the acne safe lifestyle for 6 weeks! i threw away all of my cloggy products and replaced them with ones that are sS approved, i’ve been icing 20-30 minutes every morning and night and taking zyflammend. i haven’t even had coffee, dairy or soy in almost 2 months (a serious feat for me!)
although i have noticed a HUGE improvement in my skin, i am still having some issues with inflamed acne. as a huge believer in the healing power of food i decided to put my faith in the kitchen this week and eat only low inflammatory foods.
this week’s menu doesn’t include anything that’s known to cause inflammation. it is also autoimmune protocol, paleo, gut healing and mostly candida safe.
- nuts & seeds (except for chia and coconut)
- alcohol & vinegar (except for apple cider vinegar)
- added sugar
my lovely boyfriend and i prepped all of this food in a couple of hours on monday. this makes breakfast, lunch and dinner for the two of us for an entire week.
THIS WEEK’S MENU
- beef stew with rosemary & olives! adapted from this recipe using beef instead of lamb and carrot instead of rutabaga.
- bacon turkey butternut squash! we turned this recipe into a casserole by layering mashed butternut squash and sweet potatoes with ground turkey instead of beef. *omit the balsamic vinegar and pepper for aip or candida cleanse.
- coconut milk baked chicken! see our pesto inspired recipe below.
- grated carrot & mint salad! we left out the oil and pepper and used organic raisins instead of currants in this recipe.
- cucumber salad! we swapped the tomato in this recipe for avocado and used apple cider vinegar instead of white wine to keep it #aip.
- beet salad! see my easy family recipe below.
- blueberry chia seed pudding! see this easy egg free breakfast recipe below.
- chocolate chia seed pudding! see this easy egg free breakfast recipe below.
HOW TO PREP IT
- preheat your oven to 350.
- cut your butternut squash in 1/2 and place on a baking sheet with whole sweet potatoes. cook until tender, about 30-45 minutes.
- put your beets on to boil.
- fry your bacon in a pan to desired crispiness. drain bacon and save fat in a sealing glass container.
- chop all of the onions, garlic & root veggies that you need for all of the meals. sauté in 2 pans, one for the turkey casserole and one for the beef stew.
- brown beef with root veggies.
- cook ground turkey. in the meantime chop cooked bacon. once turkey is fully cooked toss it with bacon and sautéed onions.
- remove cooked sweet potato and butternut squash from oven. peel and mash together. this will be your base layer for your casserole. top with ground turkey mixture and refrigerate.
- add bone broth and remaining ingredients to beef stew. bring to a boil then cover and let simmer for at least 1 hour or until beef is tender.
- make coconut chicken.
- make chia seed puddings.
- drain beets, slice and toss with dressing.
- make cucumber salad.
- make grated carrot salad.
- enjoy the fruits of your labor for the next week and say goodbye to inflamed acne!
THIS WEEK’S SHOPPING LIST
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- kalamata olives
- uncured bacon ends and pieces
- 2 cans organic light coconut milk
- 2 large california avocados
- organic cold pressed extra virgin olive oil (pantry)
- 1 bag organic chia seeds
- 2 packages grass fed stewing beef
- 2 packages 99% lean organic turkey breast
- 1 bag frozen organic chicken breast
- 2 white onions
- 2 small bunches organic carrots
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 box baby cucumbers (can also use 1 large american or english cucumber)
- 1 bag organic baby spinach
- 1 bunch organic beets
- 3 organic lemons
- 32 oz box organic blueberries
- 2 bananas
- organic fresh rosemary
- bay leaves (pantry)
- organic cinnamon (pantry)
- organic fresh basil
- organic fresh ginger
- organic fresh garlic
- organic fresh mint
- organic dried oregano (pantry)
- organic fresh chives
- organic beef bone broth
- organic raisins
- local raw honey (pantry)
- bragg’s apple cider vinegar with mother (pantry)
- 1 box maple water
- organic dark cocoa powder
coconut milk baked chicken recipe
- blend: 1 can organic light coconut milk, 1 tbs fresh ginger, 1 cup fresh basil, 3-5 cloves fresh garlic, 1 tsp celtic sea salt.
- pour mixture into 1 whole bag of frozen organic chicken. shake to coat chicken.
- arrange in single layer on deep baking dish. cook at 350 for 30 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked.
- remove from pan, dice chicken breasts in cubes & toss in coconut milk sauce from baking dish.
beet salad recipe
- boil 1 bunch of whole beets in water until you can easily pierce them with a fork (30-45 minutes)
- remove from water, slice thin and toss with 1 tbs olive oil, the juice of 1/2 lemon, 1 tsp celtic sea salt & 2 tbs chopped chives.
blueberry chia seed pudding
- blend: 1 cup maple water, 1 cup light coconut milk, 2 cups blueberries, 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- mix in 1 cup chia seeds.
- refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. serve cold.
chocolate chia seed pudding
- blend: 1 cup maple water, 1 cup light coconut milk, 2 tbs cocoa powder, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 banana, 1/3 cup chia seeds, pinch celtic sea salt, pinch cinnamon,
- refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. serve cold.
*skinSALVATION has no affiliation with any of the brands, stores, or blogs mentioned in this post. these resources are from my own personal research and preference.