CHANGE IS HARD, but necessary - this is what is going on for me + sS.i know that there have been a lot of changes with skinSALVATION in the last several months, and i want to personally thank each client that's been understanding and supportive of me personally and my business professionally - especially those who've directly reached out to me and allowed me the chance to reassure them that skinSALVATION is here to stay. sS has been my life's work for the last 11 years (come 3/18, our birthday) and to be honest, it's grown too big for me to manage on my own. don't get me wrong - i've had some really great employees that have come and gone but every time someone leaves, i end up being the one filling those positions - from answering the phones, packing orders to seeing clients. it takes a ton of time and energy to find and train new employees, and because of the highly-detailed oriented nature of the work along with my unwillingness to compromise my high standards, many don't work out for the long term. all this this leaves little room for the rest of my workload as a business owner, and for self-care. (remember the acne book i've been talking about writing for years? this is why it's not published yet). between running the clinic and trying to recover from my own personal nervous breakdowns and adrenal / hormonal exhaustion, running the business the way i have for the last 10+ years is not sustainable. this is why i have chosen to restructure sS in an effort to keep sS around, and to keep the quality high. i'm doing the best i can with the resources and waking hours i've got, and i really REALLY appreciate your support and understanding with all the changes that have and are to come. by moving our product sales to online only, this reduces our need for client-facing employees and store hours (which were the hardest positions to fill). by reducing our clinic size, we are able to focus on providing client care, lowering our office maintenance overhead in order to ensure our therapists can afford to stay in SF. by changing the structure of my business, i can provide opportunities for women (especially women of color) to create their own economic independence (more on this to come in the next few months). by making these changes, i will actively improve my physical and mental health so that i can be present, inspired and strong to continue working on growing sS, instead of shutting it down completely. walking the talk we preach to our clients about self-care is super crucial for me right now, and i have decided to really focus on this with the spirit of my own and my business' vitality for the long term. there is much work to do with the old and new offices, so will leave this statement at that, and will write more as we settle into our new digs, and as things develop. every decision i make is thought through with the highest quality possible with everyone's best interest in mind, and i trust that those who have spent time with me through the years know this to be true. it is my character as a person functioning in this world - i do things with purpose, meaning and larger impact in mind. THANK YOU SO MUCH for your understanding, support, words of encouragement, and love. so much love <3, kim. --
NEW LOCATION STARTING SUNDAY 3/17/19!as of march 15, we are now operating out of activspace, the small business community oriented building that i started sS out of 11 years ago. check kerry out in her new treatment room, ready to see clients starting sunday march 17! please continue on to see details of how sS will continue to operate.
NEW LOCATION DETAILS
- our new location is BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
- come to 3150 18th street @ treat avenue.
- allow extra time for parking! you can try using the spothero app to find a space ahead of time, as street parking can be unpredictable.
- enter on treat avenue, and dial 233 + CALL at the call box to be let in for your appointment at your scheduled time
- kerry will be taking over reception for clients, so please EMAIL in lieu of a phone call for assistance, as she may be with clients and unable to answer the phone
- use our new scheduler to book your appointments, or add yourself to a treatment waitlist for specific days + times
- we sent out account invitations but if you have trouble logging in, email us!
NEW ONLINE SHOP DETAILS
- with our new location, we will no longer be offering walk-in product pick ups
- please use our new online shop to place orders
- enjoy 10% off your first order by signing up on the mailing list, and free shipping for orders over $200
- for the remainder of march, get free shipping with a purchase of $100 - an offer exclusive to clinic clients - please check your email for our latest newsletter sent out 3/15/19 for the promo code!
- we sent out account invitations for the new shop site, but if you have trouble logging in or accessing clinic client products, email us!