hello beautiful people! i am super excited to share my weekly meal prep with you today. a lot of our clients think that they don’t have time to prepare their meals at home. all the cooking, cleaning, and scrubbing pots can add up if you don’t have a plan. so i decided to cut out the oven time and caked on pans this week and do a meal plan that’s 100% raw.
i ate raw for about a month a few years ago and felt really amazing. my energy was high, i was motivated and eager to work, and my skin was glowing. that was the clearest my skin has been in the last 10 years, until now 😉
kerry and i were chatting about raw food last week and i was inspired to give it another go and see what it does for my skin in conjunction with my sS regimen.
if you guys go for it please let me know how you feel mind, body, and SKIN!
THIS WEEK’S MENU
- cauliflower pesto salad see the recipe below
- carrot and raisin salad we made this last week and it was so delicious that we included it again! substitute raisins and cold pressed organic sunflower oil in this recipe
- mango cucumber salad see recipe below
- collard wraps this recipe was the original inspiration but we are filling our collard wraps with whatever salad or veggies we want throughout the week.
- zucchini hummus with fresh tahini (weekly fav!) find the hummus recipe here and the tahini recipe here. *i added a handful of fresh chives to the hummus and it’s to die for. i used less than half of the tahini in the hummus and saved the rest to eat as a dip with veggies. you can even add a little honey to it and eat it with apples!
- overnight oats there are SO many delicious recipes on pinterest! see my simple recipe below.
- raw sunflower seed butter this taste like peanut butter… only better! get the recipe here
- i’ll probably try to go out for raw sashimi for dinner at least a few times this week just to pump up my protein intake. if you do indulge, remember to take your coconut aminos with you instead of using their cloggy soy sauce 😉
HOW TO PREP IT ALL
day one: marinate your cauliflower (pesto salad), soak your sesame seeds (tahini) and make your overnight oats.
- make raw sunflower seed butter
- make tahini
- make zucchini hummus
- make pesto and finish the cauliflower pesto salad.
- make the carrot and raisin salad
- make the mango cucumber salad
- wash and cut any fresh veggies that you want to have on hand for the week.
AN AVERAGE DAY
- breakfast: overnight oats
- snack: celery sticks with zucchini hummus
- lunch: collard wraps filled with tahini and carrot salad + cauliflower pesto salad
- snack 2 (if you’re hungry): cup of watermelon or 2 raw figs with sunflower seed butter
- dinner: mango cucumber salad served with avocado, raw hemp seeds and raw sunflower seeds over arugula.
THIS WEEK’S SHOPPING LIST
- bob’s red mill gluten free oats
- organic old pressed sunflower seed oil
- green spanish olives (sun dried is preferred)
- 1 bag organic avocados
- organic raw hulled sesame seeds
- raw hulled hemp seeds (i like the hemp hearts brand)
- organic raw pumpkin seeds
- organic raw hulled sunflower seeds
- 1 head organic cauliflower
- 1 organic red bell pepper
- 1 box heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch organic carrots
- 2 organic cucumbers
- 2 organic zucchini
- 1 bunch organic collard greens
- 1 bag organic arugula
- 1 bunch organic celery
- 4 meyer lemons
- 2 limes
- 1 watermelon
- 1 box organic strawberries
- 1 box organic black mission figs
- 2 organic mangos
- 4 organic apples
- celtic sea salt shaker
- 1 bunch organic chives
- 1 box organic basil
cauliflower pesto salad recipe
- chop 1 head of cauliflower into florets and mix with 1 tbs sunflower oil, 3 tbs lemon juice, 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt, and fresh black pepper. toss to coat and let marinate in the fridge overnight.
- the next day: add chopped green spanish olives, 1 finely chopped red bell pepper and 1 box of cherry tomatoes cut in quarters.
- pesto: in a blender combine 1 box fresh organic basil, 1 handful fresh chives, 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt, 1 tbs organic no salt seasoning (we bought it at trader joe’s) and the juice of 1 lime.
- toss the cauliflower salad in the pesto and enjoy!
mango cucumber salad recipe
- peel 2 mangos and 2 cucumbers and cut in cubes
- toss with the juice of 1 lemon, 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt, 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper and 1/2 tsp paprika
- store in the fridge and serve with avocado and fresh arugula
overnight oats recipe
- combine 1/2 cup gluten free oats, 1/2 grated apple, 2 tbs raisins, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1 cup of water in a glass container with a lid.
- soak overnight and enjoy cold in the morning!