some of you have heard us talk about the candida cleanse before and how it can positively impact your skin if you have a candida overgrowth. we’ve written blog posts about what candida is and how to treat it. you can read those popular posts here and here.
the most important aspects of the cleanse are taking your supplement to wipe out the candida (we recommend cansol) and strictly following the candida free diet. just because there are things that you can’t eat doesn’t mean that this diet has to be boring! here’s a meal plan to get your through the first week of candida cleanse. prep all of this food on your day off and keep it in the fridge throughout the week.
THIS WEEK’S MENU
- cauliflower tortillas are a super yummy candida safe alternative to corn or flour tortillas. wrap scrambled eggs in them for breakfast, meat to make tacos, or use as a “mini pizza crust.” find the recipe here.
- toasted pumpkin seed guacamole to eat with raw veggies or later on tacos! we left out the serano from this recipe.
- barbacoa from this chipotle copycat recipe for tacos or on top of salad.
- nappa cabbage, almond & chicken salad sub soy sauce for coconut aminos in this recipe
- marinated zucchini with mint sub the white wine vinegar for apple cider vinegar to keep this recipe candida free.
- roasted fennel & artichoke salad find the recipe here
AN AVERAGE DAY
- breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with green onions and a cauliflower tortilla
- snack: toasted pumpkin seed guacamole with celery stalks
- lunch: nappa cabbage, almond & chicken salad
- dinner: barbacoa and marinated zucchini with mint over arugula
HOW TO PREP IT ALL
- start your roast in the crockpot and bake your chicken breasts for the salad.
- make the cauliflower tortillas
- cook the zucchini
- roast the fennel
- combine remaining salad ingredients
- make nappa cabbage salad
- make guacamole
THIS WEEK’S SHOPPING LIST
- 3 avocados
- 1 cups organic raw pumpkin seeds
- organic cold pressed sunflower seed oil
- sesame oil
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2 dozen free range organic eggs
- 4 lb chuck roast
- 1/2 lb organic free range chicken breast
- 1 head organic cauliflower
- 1 napa cabbage
- 1 small sweet onion
- 3 organic zucchini
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 can whole artichoke hearts in water
- 1 bag organic spinach or arugula
- 1 bunch organic celery
- 2 limes
- 2 lemons
- celtic sea salt
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
- 1 head garlic
- bay leaves
- fresh ginger
- green onions
- bragg’s raw apple cider vinegar with mother
- coconut aminos
- organic chicken broth (best to make it yourself or purchase handmade frozen from your local butcher. packaged broth often contains sugar and lacks the essential vitamins that homemade contains)